For your TOT nutrition plan to have the best effect on your body, you need to eat specific micronutrients, which is why we are going to discuss them in this article briefly.
For performance and physique improvement, the crucial micronutrients you need to eat is undoubtedly protein, because, without it, there can’t be any building or maintaining muscles. Whatever your goal is, proteins matter the most. Besides muscles, you need proteins for proper brain function. You need to eat between 20 and 50 grams of protein in every meal, and you need to do it regularly, every four or five hours in the day. Studies have shown that 0.7 to 1 gram of protein per pound of weight every day is the required amount, and when undergoing TOT, you need at least 1 gram of protein per pound of your lean body weight. Furthermore, you should know that there are four types of protein on which you need to focus to have the best protein amount every day:
- Animal protein (red meat, chicken, turkey, and fish; pea protein powder for vegans)
- Whey protein (a common ingredient in most protein powder formulations)
- Casein protein (known as micellar casein, found in milk)
- Egg albumin (a protein found in egg whites)
Too many people still believe that eating carbs is bad for your body composition. However, consuming the proper amount of carbs (relative to your specific insulin sensitivity) and the right types of carbs at specific times will certainly help you achieve or remain in your optimal physique. In essence, it depends on what your goal is for your body. It is a very detailed topic, and we go in greater detail about it in our TOT Bible. Furthermore, as the case is with protein, there are also the best types of carbohydrates which you need to eat:
- Complex carbs (brown rice, sweet potatoes, couscous, matza, quinoa, etc.)
- Vegetables (anything green, without high-calorie additives and dressings)
- Fruits (with more fibers, best eaten before workouts, and never in more substantial amounts)
Besides, you should know that a general rule is that you don’t need more than 50 to 100 grams of carbs every day. However, the more muscular you are, the more carbs you’ll need, and the fatter you are, the fewer carbs you can eat.
Fats or Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs) are necessary and critical for your overall health, despite what many people would say. You need EFAs to control vital cellular processes and to maintain optimal fitness levels and health. However, you still need to focus on eating the right types of EFAs. Here are some of our recommended sources of fats:
- Udo’s Oil
- Deep Marine Fish Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Nut Butters like almond and peanut
- Nuts like macadamia nuts, sunflower seeds, and almonds
- Medium Chain Triglycerides
All in all, it’s important to eat all the micronutrients every day, despite what many so-called experts would tell you, as each of them has its essential function in keeping an optimal weight and health. You can find out more about them and the proper nutrition plan for your TOT regiment in our TOT Bible.